For many years I always heard about a “nude beach” at South Padre Island, mostly rumors that I just figured were part of an urban legend. Just recently I was talking with a few people who visited South Padre and the conversation of the nude beach came up. I decided to look into these fables and find out what sort of truth is behind all these rumors. Well sure enough it does appear as there is an unofficial nude beach in South Padre.
I found a magazine called “Worldwide Guide to Naked Places” where it actually tells you about this beach and how to get there. It says to travel all the way to Public Beach Access #6 and travel north approximately 10 miles north (probably want to have a 4×4). There isn’t any official markings letting you know that you have arrived at your destination, but some other sites have shown there is a red log with white letters with the word “nude.” It may be possible this log is placed there, but since there’s a lot of sand it is covered.
If you can’t find the log, one thing you’ll for sure notice is a buoy that resembles some sort of UFO with white lettering written somewhere with the words “nude” this lets you know, you have arrived at your destination.
I don’t know much about the nudity Texas laws but found this information below. Enjoy your time in the sun.
Penal Code Title 9, Section 42.01 Disorderly conduct: public nudity.
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(10) exposes his anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another may be present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.
(c) For purposes of this section:
(1) an act is deemed to occur in a public place or near a private residence if it produces its offensive or proscribed consequences in the public place or near a private residence;
(d) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor unless committed under Subsection (a)(7) or (a)(8), in which event it is a Class B misdemeanor.
Latest posts by Frank Mar (see all)
- The first 30 days of the 90 day challenge. Part 1/3 - September 5, 2017
- La Residencia Apartments, where you’re forced to live in a shithole - May 31, 2017
- Where did it go wrong for Castro? - May 9, 2017